Last evening was the night of european music: Eurovision Song Contest. There were some good performances, some really bad and some you just could forget about. I'm going to comment each song of the finale.
![]() |
| The winners: Ell & Nikki |
I think of the girl from Azerbaijan. Yeah, they won (congrats by the way) but she couldn't always make the sounds. My ears were bleeding! But the hole performance was well staged, I give them that.
And Italy (welcome back, our dear neighbour!), it's short what I want to say about Italy: It was boring. I couldn't understand him. First I had to decide if it was Englisch or Italian. But it was cute to see how Europe missed Italy during his more then ten years absence. They all gave it huge points.
Sweden... He is pretty and his song... it had something but not enough for the top 10. Here in Switzerland we would say: 0815. It means it is totally normal. Nothing special.
Number 4 is Ukraine. I kind of liked this song but I think the woman who drew with sand was more intersting. That was amazing. She drew very quickly the story of the song. But that is the problem. ESC is about the song and not what happens in the background. I have to say, I can't remember what and how she sang.
And now Denmark. Whats wrong with you Europe? Yeah, he made the sounds but he had copied this song! He stole the melody from the swedish singer Andreas Johnson "sing for me". Go to youtube and listen. It's nearly the same song. "A friend in London" made it simply slower and changed some tunes. I think Denmark should have been disqualified for that.
![]() |
| Dino Merlin |
And now Greece. Seriously? A Rap? Ok, this wasn't really a Rap. It was only spoken words out of rhythm. The singer was great. Really. He could improve the song.
The next is Ireland. I love those two guys. They were so funny even though their voices weren't anything special and they couldn't perform in sync.
One word for Georgia: Horrible!!! What was that? Metal? Hip Hop? And the voice of the female singer reminds me of "Janice" Chandler's exgirlfriend from the sitcom "Friends".
And Germany with Lena. What should I say? I don't like her. Don't get me wrong, "Satellite" was a good song but "Taken by a stranger" was simply boring. I nearly fell asleep.
![]() | |
| Amaury Vassili |
Russia had great shoes (where can you buy those?) but it didn't help much either. Serbia tried to win with the 60's/70's but I have to say she has also a great voice and she sang in her native language. Yay for that. Moldova was a mindfuck, but what do you expect from the moldovian Red Hot Chili Peppers? United Kingdom was good. Nothing less and nothing more. But Blue is awesome.
Finnland was cute but like Switzerland, Iceland, Spain and Estonia it was very forgettable.
At the end I want to say that the really good voices which should have been in the top 10 are not. Won has once again the politics followed by the Justin Bieber people. I hope that one time the countries can vote fair, that they can vote for who deserves to win like Serbia in the year 2007. She wasn't pretty but she had an enormous voice.
So, this was my review. I hope you enjoyed it.
See you soon!
P.S. I'm sorry, the last part sounds like the "I have a dream"- speech by Martin Luther King (R.I.P).



No comments:
Post a Comment